Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Math Teks


Hold on tight Texas teachers!!! TEA is rolling out new math TEKS for the 2014-15 school year. 
Some teachers are already being asked to implement the new TEKS in their classroom (YIKES!!!). I attended a Lead4Ward (I LOVE their snapshots!!!) training and left a little dizzy and overwhelmed by all the information, but after having some time to think it over, I think anything is possible!!! In my school, we are being asked to use the current TEKS to guide our instruction for the 2013/14 school year (since those are the ones that students will be tested on) AND integrate the new TEKS where we feel they fit in order to minimize gaps for the following year (there's also a team of teachers working on a document to help teachers close gaps due to students 'missing' instruction on new s.e's). 
At the moment I plan to analyze the new TEKS at my grade level and find places where I can introduce some of the new TEKS into my lessons for this coming year. I think if we all take the time to analyze the new teks and fully understand them, then we will feel empowered and be able to breath!!! I came across this fantastic resource that provides information on the new teks using a side by side comparison with the old teks.  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment