Wednesday, June 22, 2016

#TeachingHack No. 2 Math Study Guide Folder

I'm hard at work putting together some Math Study Guide Folders that my students can use this fall. We used them last year, but they were used to much that some need to be replaced. I will say that laminating them was a great idea because they really lasted well into the end of the year.


Ok... so here's how the Study Guide Folder works.


My students use these folders in a variety of ways. They use them when doing independent work, during centers and as a reference tool for assessments. Some parents have even asked me to make them a folder to take and have at home to refer back to. They really come in handy for many things, including as privacy folders during assessments. I have seen students refer to their study guide when they are unsure about some concepts and I've seen them grow more confident as they begin to master math concepts.

I have also used Science Study Guides during science time.


If you are interested, here's what you'll need:  


2 manilla folders, study sheets, and tape


I am already thinking of how I can create a language arts study guide.

Hope you find this #Teachinghack useful. 






No comments:

Post a Comment