Wednesday, June 15, 2016

#TeachingHack No. 1

Teaching is such a difficult, but rewarding calling. I am fresh into summer vacation and I'm thinking of some new posts I want to make on a weekly basis.


The first series I will be starting is the #TeachingHack
I'll be posting a simple "hack" each week in hopes that it will be helpful to at least one person :)


This week's #TeachingHack is a folder I LOVE LOVE LOVE to make with my students. I saw my mentor teacher make it in her classroom and I have used it in my classroom every year since. Here's how you can make a simple 4-pocket folder.

*2 sheets of large construction paper and a stapler



 Steps: 
1. Fold the 1st sheet in half horizontally
2. Fold the 2nd sheet in half vertically. 
3. Fold the 2nd sheet in half horizontally. 
4. Tuck the 1st sheet inside the 2nd sheet. 
5. Staple the edges. Staple as close to the edge as possible so that you'll leave plenty of room for handouts.



I have used this folder for so many things, including: 
*STAAR Review (we assign each reporting category to a pocket)
*Homework folder, notes for home, unfinished work
*Tutoring and Saturday school
*Keeping track of handouts


Hope you find this #Teachinghack helpful. Stay tuned for more hacks that will be posted each week. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment