Monday, July 1, 2013

Math Journals

I wanted to blog about my love of math journals. I have implemented math journals for 5 years now and I still continue to learn new tips and strategies to use them. I firmly believe that math journals are very beneficial to students because they offer opportunities for students to think critically and reflect on their math learning journey. I have created "Getting started with Math Journals" to help those are just getting started or are looking for new ideas to add to their math toolbox. Check out the pictures and start implementing math journals today!
I've included some ideas for input and output. It is very important for students to reflect on their learning.
These are some of my math journal entries for this. I treasure my old journals because they help me reflect on what works and what can be improved for the coming year.

A sample interactive graphic organizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment