Monday, August 20, 2012

Two things down...a million more to go.

I have been working like a mad woman trying to get everything done for back to school. I finally finished copying, laminating, and cutting these question prompt cards that I will be using during my reading instruction. I feel that last year my questioning could have been a lot better, so I created these question/thinking stems for fiction, non-fiction, poetry & drama to keep handy at all times. I tried hard to mirror the language of testing to get my students accustomed to higher-level questions.  (I've linked the bundle, but these are also available individually for fiction, non-fiction, poetry & drama).

I've also borrowed a fantastic idea from Stephanie @ 5th Grade Dugout and created a handy questioning ring using Stephanie's science questions, I also added a few, but her list was a HUGE help. I'm also going to use popsicle sticks like she does to put at my tables so students can use them in their discussions.
Now.... so many things I still have to work on!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment