Thursday, August 16, 2012

How do you plan?



I am linkin up with Mrs. Stanford to share how I plan.  I usually like to stay at least 2 weeks ahead of the game. Of course, this is much easier said than done.
I typically begin with the end in mind. I like to look at how I plan to assess a concept and then I think of the skills my students will need to master the concept. It is always helpful to have a scope and sequence to know a reasonable timeline of when concepts should be taught.
I like to have my resources listed for each concept I plan to teach. This is something new I will be trying. For example, my first unit in math will be place value. I gather the picture books I plan to read to my class, the games I want them to play, the stations they will be using... and anything else related to that unit so that I do incorporate it all into my teaching. I want to start a notebook where I keep a record of all this because there are times when I forget to use an activity. I make all necessary copies. I then go to my grade level, share and get their feedback. I like to be prepared with all materials when I share with them in case it is something they would like to use in their rooms. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment