Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's been a while...

Okay, so my last post was on July 10th!! Eeek! I have been super busy at professional developments. I know we were all a little scared about STAAR test, but now that the raw scores have come in, I am panicking just a little more!!!! I just attended a 2-day Singapore model drawing training that I think will be very beneficial for me. If you are looking for a new and challenging way to get your students to be problem-solvers this may be very helpful. I found a book I've had for years from one of my grad school classes  (order a book) that I am going to  use as a guide when teaching model drawing to my students. The price of the book is a little high, I know I did not pay that much a while back.
You might find the Thinking Blocks site helpful to get familiar with model drawing. It offers great examples!!! It is very user-friendly. I will be bookmarking it on my classroom computers ASAP.

Has anyone taught model drawing and how did it help develop your students' mathematical thinking?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment